. .

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2016

How to Lose a Belly When You're 41 (part 12)

Monday
Weight: 10st 5lbs.
So, despite the 54 mile bike ride, last week's beer-and-cake-filled weekend took its toll on my belly and I've put another 2lbs back on. 
The ride had obviously sapped me of any remaining energy and I simply couldn't face the idea of a run tonight. Instead, I just ate healthily and resisted a beer. I actually felt hungover. Is it possible to have an exercise hangover? I hope I get some energy back tomorrow!

Tuesday

Back on track!
After cycling to work and back, I took Martha off to karate and we did a varied session including kata, kicks and basic techniques. There was a good vibe in the dojo tonight and it was the busiest I've ever seen it!
No junkfood and no booze.

Wednesday

I cycled in to work today but drove Lucy's car home because I put the road bike in to have its headset replaced (the steering was very stiff and jerky on Sunday which made the bike very difficult to control.)
Mr Roger's circuit training included a fitness test (about 7 different bodyweight exercises - each performed over 1 minute.) I'm looking forward to trying to beat my scores in a month's time! I'll post the results on here.
I tried my best during Mr Roger's circuit training but I couldn't seem to muster up the required energy. Denise, a lady who has lost over 10lbs so far this year, was easily keeping up with me and even beat me on a couple of the exercises. There was a discussion about food tonight and its likely that I'm not eating enough to fuel my workout.
With this in mind, I've decided to list the food I've eaten today and I await your comments!


Breakfast:
Red bush tea with semi-skimmed milk
Two rounds of wholemeal toast with peanut butter.
Small glass of fresh orange juice.
Lunch:
Red bush tea with semi-skimmed milk
One banana
A handful of almonds and Brasil nuts
Dinner:
Breaded scampi with wholewheat pasta, broccoli, green beans, peas, beetroot and roasted tomatoes.

Thursday

Aching legs made the ride into work a little difficult, but I made it.
Back at home, after a Dungeons and Dragons with the young people, I did a hard hour-long lifting session focused on legs (deadlifts and squats.)
No booze, no junkfood.

Friday
Cycled to work and back. I was a good boy today and managed to resist a Friday night beer. No junkfood.
I went to dojo for an ippon kumite session.

Saturday
Up at 6:30am.
I had an orange for first breakfast and then headed out for a 58 minute run without stopping or walking. This is my personal best - I've never managed to run for that long before. I was a bit shaky when I got home but nothing serious. Second breakfast was a mushroom and tomato 3-egg omelette!
After that, I went shopping, made sandwiches for the girls and then it was time for Comic Con at the NEC!
Comic Con has become a family tradition, with the girls and me going to at least one every year. We enjoy the atmosphere of like-minded people coming together to share the passion in their interests - gaming, comics, film, animation, toys, collecting, cosplay etc.
This year, Martha dressed up as her own creation - something she labelled as a psycho killer/Death/Grim Reaper character! She looked very scary.
Mouse and I found a £1 comic stall which made us very excited - I added a few more comics to my Chris Claremont collection and she bought some new Teen Titans from the New 52.
Tilly and her fiend Amy checked out 'hot boys'!
Anyway, here are some photos from the day:


Martha on the left. Vicky and Peter (both from the Thursday night D&D crew) 3rd and 4th.
The Fallout 4 stand. One of the best games I've ever played. Up there with its predecessor (Fallout 3), FF8, Minecraft and Pokemon Soul Silver.
Amy happy with her purchases!
An example of the one of the giant costumes. And Monkey D Luffy!
A huge stall dedicated to Gundam!
Mouse at the entrance.
Additions to my collection



My reward when I got home!
Later that evening, Lucy and I headed up town to see 2 of our favourite bands: The Wedding Present supporting The Wonder Stuff.
If I'm going to be honest, it wasn't The Wedding Present and The Wonder Stuff we went to see, it was Dave Gedge and Miles Hunt. All the other original members of the two bands were missing, replaced by new personnel. Still, the atmosphere was one of a triumphant return and both men were greeted by riotous applause!
Dave Gedge appeared to get younger as his set continued. He started off looking like someone's dad who had mistakenly wandered on stage. By the end, cracking jokes and visibly enjoying himself, Dave seemed a man of 30 again, confident and sure of himself. He played songs from the albums Tommy, Bizarro, Watusi and Take Fountain as well as three new tracks that had the crowd bouncing. I was very glad to witness this set tonight, it had been 24 years since I'd last heard this music live!
The Wonder Stuff were very confident from the word go! Miles was insulting the crowd which I'm told is usual for him! I'd never seen the Stuffies play live before but I know a lot of people who have - including Lucy!
Lucy loved it and reported that they played a great set. I recognised a lot of the songs - especially those from 8 Legged Groove Machine and Hup. 
Afterwards, we met with friends in the Old Fox where I drank far too much Guinness!

Sunday
A real day of rest. Booze, cake and no exercise!


No comments:

Post a Comment