. .

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2016

How to Lose a Belly when You're 41 (part 11)

Monday
Weight: 10st 3lbs
So, the Mad March Hare worked its magic on my belly, and, despite all the beer and puddings yesterday, I've now lost a total of 9lbs so far this year.
My body wasn't up to any proper training today although I did do a good warm up exercise with my sports class.
No junkfood, no booze.

Tuesday
I cycled in to work today, cycled home, did a karate lesson, didn't eat any junkfood, and didn't drink any beer.

Wednesday
Mr Roger's circuit training was full-on tonight! If he'd put some rope work in there, it could well have been the hardest one he's ever done!
At home, Lucy served up sausages eggs and chips. Fantastic! But not training food...
Didn't have any beer though.

Thursday
I cycled to work and back, didn't eat and junkfood, didn't drink booze and did a hard weight lifting session!

Friday
After a boring day of 'teacher training', I went to the dojo. It was a good mix of kata and practising our kicks. Tonight, I missed the days when we would actually hit each other and go home bruised but happy. 
Bloody health and safety.
I had a couple of beers tonight because Friday.

Saturday
Up at 7am to go for a run. I managed to run for 57 minutes without stopping or walking.

Mom's homemade lemon cake. Very, very good!

I went over to see my mother this morning. She treated me to the full English breakfast! After this very pleasant visit (dropping stuff off at the allotment, shopping, a trip to the garden centre, and homemade lemon cake) I raced home to take Lucy to lunch where I found Purity Gold on tap! Very nice!

Sunday
At the cafe (no, we don't know what Dan is doing.)
I met up with Deadly Dan, Rocket Dog, Fast Ant, Ian and ex-pro Nick for a ride down to Worcester and back. Gary was the navigator and he took us on a road route that then incorporated a muddy track, a busy canal, and what seemed to be a racetrack used by families and dog walkers as a park. Unfortunately, my road bike didn't like the muddy track (slick tyres!) and I didn't like the crowds of people on the canal and at the racetrack. I did, however, like the cafe stop with its fantastic carrot cake.

Don't let the banana skin fool you, there was cake on that plate.
The two most suitable bikes for today's ride.

The route back was excellent. We made our way home on mainly quiet lanes where it soon became apparent that I couldn't match the other lads for strength on the flat. They were happy to turn over a big gear and have a chat at 19mph whereas my little legs would be spinning like a desk fan as I was trying to hang on to the back of our 'peleton'. More fitness needed!

My view from the back - I had 54 miles to get used to it!


As the route master, Gary basically did a massive 54 mile turn on the front! The rest of us had the advantage of tucking in behind out of the wind while Gary did the hard work. Well done that man.

54 miles at 13.7 mph (would have been much faster without the off road bits. We were at 14.9 mph after the first hour to Worcester.)

As soon as I got home, I cleaned the bike, and then helped Eric build a huge 4 tier workbench in the back garden. Much sawing, screwing, carrying and burning ensued and I was in the back garden until about 6:30. I was very glad to sit down and crack a beer!
Cheers!





2 comments: