. .

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Week 24 - Buble!

Coronation Holiday Monday

I woke up feeling rather rubbish after last week's indulgences.

I spent the day tending to my eBay account, and then did some ironing. In the evening, we went to visit Jake to wish him happy birthday, give him some presents, and drink a beer with him.

No exercise, no junkfood, alcohol


Tuesday

I cycled in to work and back. I still didn't feel like doing any exercise but at least I didn't drink!

No exercise, no junkfood, no alcohol


Wednesday

I cycled in to work and back.

I finally convinced myself to start training again, so I picked up weights for an hour. I felt terrible at first but was enjoying it by the end.

Weight training, no junkfood, no alcohol


Thursday

I cycled in to work and back. I got stuck into the weights straight away and did a good lift for an hour. After that, it was party time! Lucy and I went to see Michael Buble in concert. The man was funny, entertaining and professional. And the voice was amazing as usual. A great night out, but a late one for us teachers!

Weight training, no junkfood, booze


Friday

The head was a bit cloudy in the morning, but cycling in to work helped. By the afternoon, I was feeling good. I cycled home and then headed off to the dojo. Although not feeling very well (he has a virus), Sensei Gary put together a fantastic session focused on kicks - as Sensei Ronnie explains, everyone can punch, but if you can kick you can win fights.

Back at home, I couldn't find my wife. I eventually found her in my next door neighbours' living room. Before I knew it, I had joined them and a beer had appeared in my hand...

Karate, no junkfood, booze


Saturday

I cycled in to Solihull to pick up a watch I had put in for repair. By the time I got home, I had got a bit sweaty. The day was warming up. After lunch, I headed off to Saturday dojo. Sensei Gary was still poorly but he still ran a superb lesson based on self-defence. We ended the session with some work on the heavy bag.

After that, I walked Freddie (Monty is not very well at the moment) before getting home to do some ironing.

Karate, no junkfood, no alcohol

Sunday

A good bicycle ride with the chaps: 40 miles at 14.0mph. We stopped for a wee on Firs Lane and were surprised to spot a large, impressive building standing menacingly in the mist in the next field over. This turned out to be Haseley Manor which has been a hospital school for girls, a children's home, an orphanage, and has now been split up into apartments.

The cake was excellent, the sun was out and the chat was good. 

Jonnie trying not to laugh at my helmet straps

Cycling, junkfood, no alcohol

This week has been a disaster as far as my training has been concerned, and I didn't even go for a run. The hard work must begin on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment