. .

Search This Blog

Friday, June 7, 2019

How to Lose a Belly When You're 44 (part 27)

Monday 13th May
Weight lifting session, no junkfood, no alcohol.

Tuesday
Cycled in to work and back, went along to the dojo and then had a couple of beers watching the disappointing season 8 of Game of Thrones.

Wednesday
Cycled in to work and back, did a weightlifting session, ate healthily and didn't drink booze.

Thursday
Cycled in to work and back. Plodded round on my 10K route in 63 minutes and 39 seconds.
No junkfood, no alcohol.

Friday
I cycled in to work and back. This evening, I went a long to the Karate session at Tudor Grange Leisure Centre. Tonight, the whole class was run by Sensei Gary. It was a real masterclass! He had a full range of abilities and ages to teach and he managed to include something for everyone in an hour that went by in a flash! He was discussing the history of our martial art and even quoting Master Funakoshi (all while he had us standing in a deep stance with the leg muscles burning!)
Great training and education.

Saturday
I did a light weight training session and treated myself to some beer and naughty food.

Sunday
More weightlifting, more beers, but no junkfood.

Monday 20th May
Weight training, no junkfood, no booze.

Tuesday
Karate, no junkfood, no booze

Wednesday
I cycled in to work and, after lessons, joined in with the circuit training/interval training provided by Mr Roger in the college gym.
This evening, he had four of us doing a variety of exercises including step ups, dumbbell inclined presses, weighted lunges, 4 different kinds of sit up core exercises and lots of other techniques I can't remember the names of! By the end of it we were all aching and spent so I led us through a warm down with plenty of stretches.
I cycled home to cook dinner for the family.
No junkfood, no booze.

Thursday
I cycled to work and back and then set out on a 10K run. I managed to get round in 66m 49s
At home, I didn't drink beer and I didn't eat junkfood.

Friday
We broke up for half term! No work for the next nine days.
I started my holiday with another great Karate session at Ruach.

Saturday
With Jonnie preparing for a huge party at his house, I set off on a solo ride. I went along the Chip Shop High Cross route.
In the afternoon, Lucy, Mouse and I went to party with Harry for his 18th birthday. There were loads of people there, and loads of booze. Jonnie and I got completely smashed until the small hours of the morning. 

And that's the end of my training! After the party, I enjoyed myself thoroughly over the half term with plenty of naughty food and ales and not much exercise. 
There was even a second dinner party up at Jonnie's place where I got to shoot an air rifle!
Jonnie supervising the target range. I'm trying to look like I know what I'm doing.

Jonnie I and did manage a cracking ride in the sunshine at the weekend which included two or three PRs for me on very familiar sections. Maybe I needed a rest from a healthy lifestyle!?


However, it is now almost exactly 6 months before I step up to take my black belt grading on the 1st of December. It's now time to get serious...

No comments:

Post a Comment