. .

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2016

How to Lose a Belly When You're 41 (Part 21)

Something I didn't mention from last week's post: I rode the whole of the Pedal of Honour with a pain in my left foot. Every turn of the pedal was accompanied by an ache that ran from my shin to the end of my toes. When I got off the bike, the foot was fine. 
In the morning, I had a pain in my left shoulder that lasted the entire week. 
When I bent down, I had a sharp stabbing pain in my right knee.

With all this in mind , I decided to listen to my body and take a rest - the first week off training this year.

So, this week, I didn't lift any weights, didn't do a run and didn't attend circuit training. I did, however, attend dojo twice and do a Sunday morning ride with Jonnie.

When I called for Jonnie on Sunday morning, he was rather the worse for wear. He had been partying until 1:30am that morning. His eyes reminded me of two watery pink bowls on a white tablecloth. Heroically, he set off into the lanes...

At the top of The Farm.
We set a pace of 14.7mph over 15 miles. After a cup of tea at our favourite stop (thanks, Jane!) we set off uphill for the remaining 15 miles. Incredibly, Jonnie found his legs and increased our pace to 15mph for the 31.9 mile ride!
Even more incredibly, he set a new PB for Tom's Hill - a climb he must have ridden at least 30 times before!

This week has been a relaxing 7 days of good food, bad food and lashings of beer. I know I must have put weight on but I think, ironically, my body will have benefited from the rest.
I'm looking forward to getting back into training again tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment