. .

Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2016

How to Lose a Belly When You're 42 (part 13)

Monday
Weight: 10st 9lbs
Cycled in to work and back.
In the evening I did a weight lifting session before cooking dinner.
No junkfood, no booze.

Exercise
OHP (29kg): 5 sets of 5 reps
Side raise(6.5kg): 5x5
Barbell curls (36kg): 5x5
Squats (36kg): 5x5
Dumbbell curls(17kg): 5x5
Front raise (8kg): 5x5
Press ups: 100
Leg raises: 100
Triceps dips: 100

Tuesday
Weight: 10st 7lbs
Cycled in to work and back.
Dojo was a group basics session followed by low grade kata.
Homemade curry.
No junkfood, no alcohol

Wednesday
Weight: 10st 7lbs
Drive to work.
Home for a cold, cold run. For some reason, I went out without my hat. My ears were freezing! They were so cold that it gave me a headache! I wasn't even sweating when I got home after 4 miles.
Shepherd's pie
One bottle of Guinness.
No junkfood

Exercise

Run: 4.3 miles at a very slow 10:56 pace


Thursday

Weight: 10st 8lbs
Cycled in to work and back.
I did a fitness session with the Sports and Leisure group in the afternoon. I joined in with the warm-up (LOTS of running), the martial arts, and then the football. I was pouring with sweat when I finished - my clothes were sticking to me. Good workout!
At home, before playing Dungeons and Dragons, I scoffed a big helping of homemade chili. Then, Will the nextdoor neighbour brought some fresh pasta round and I couldn't resist.
After dropping everyone home, I got back at 10 and simply couldn't face any weightlifting. I switched on the PS4...
No sugary food, no alcohol

Friday
We had a meeting at a different campus in the afternoon so this morning I swapped the Raleigh for the Specialized. By cycling to Hall Green, then to Digbeth and then back home I covered a total of 16.4 miles (mostly in rush hour.)
Tonight's Karate session was a back to basics lesson - hardly any combinations, just making sure we had our blocks, kicks and punches correct. The big problem was the amount of young people everywhere. The were several times where I had to stop a technique for fear of hitting one of the kids. We need a bigger dojo or separate adult lessons. There are too many there on a Friday night now.
Home for the second beer of the week - Aldi's own Medusa! Tasted like a fizzy Vimto.
Lucy had made a fabulous homemade Chinese dinner, so I had two helpings of that followed by two more beers. Bed at 11.

Exercise
Cycled to work and back (16.4 miles)
One hour of Karate training

Food

Cornflakes with semi-skimmed milk
Apple juice
2 x redbush tea
Banana
Homemade Chinese chicken with stir-fried vegetables and egg-fried rice.

Alcohol

2 bottles of ale
1 bottle of stout


Saturday
Weight: 10st 7lbs
The weather was far too wet for an enjoyable ride, so I settled for a weight lifting session. For some reason I struggled to get through the program in the hour I'd allowed myself, but I did it. I had a pleasant ache in the muscles for the rest of the day.
I spent most of my Saturday at the computer completing the questions for a quiz I'm hosting to raise money for Mouse's World Challenge holiday to Ecuador. In the evening, Jane (the cake lady) and Eric came for dinner so I had a few ales while being sociable (and staring at celebrities dancing on TV.)
Bed at 11.
No sugary food.

Exercise
100 push ups
100 triceps dips
100 leg raises
Squats (36kg): 5 sets of 5
Curls(36kg): 5x5
Dumbbell curls (17kg): 5x5
Deadlift (54kg): 5x5
Shrugs (48kg): 5x5
Side raise (6.5kg): 5x5

Food

Bacon and scrambled eggs with wholemeal toast and homegrown tomatoes
Banana
Tuna and homegrown tomatoes with noodles
Chicken with sweet potato fries, lettuce, homegrown tomatoes, stir-fried vegetables and couscous

Alcohol

3 ales
Half a glass of cider


Sunday
Cheat day!
Today I was manning a table at a tabletop sale at Alderbrook School - raising funds for Mouse's World Challenge. Due to lack of space in the car, I opted to cycle the 2.7 miles to the school! Cycling in jeans is uncomfortable...
I thoroughly enjoyed myself selling old tat to the public and spending the day with Jane (the cake lady), Mouse and her friends.

Tat for sale!

I cycled home to scoff some chicken and get ready for karate.
At the dojo, we concentrated on basics and kata in order to prepare for the gradings next month.
Martha says she doesn't feel ready for the grading (she hasn't learned her new kata) but I'm going to go for it.
Back at home, I indulged in some cheat day foods (cookies, yay!) and had a drink.
Bed at 11pm

Exercise
Bike ride : grand total of 5.2 miles!
One hour of karate training.

Food
Lots of stuff that's bad for me.

Alcohol
2 ales 
A large whisky before bed.


Summary
Quite possibly my most successful training week since May.
I didn't drink too much and I only indulged in junkfood once. 
I'm not running as far or lifting as heavy but I'm sure I can change this before the end of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment