. .

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

How to Lose a Belly When You're 42 (part 7)

This week, I turned 42. One of my best friends, Sally, also had a birthday - she turned 50!


As a result, this week was spent celebrating, meeting with friends and family, and, of course, drinking lots of alcohol and eating lots of cake.




This makes for very poor reading in a blog which is meant, in part at least, to be about regaining fitness and changing my body shape. As it turns out, I'm still a little fat guy with skinny arms and this week has done nothing to change that fact!
I did manage to ride my bike to work and back 4 times and I did go for a run for 41 minutes without stopping or walking.
I did a weight training session for one hour and managed to lift heavier than I did last week.
I attended one martial arts session.

Next week will see a dramatic change. With no more funerals or birthdays in the near future, I should be able to refocus on my fitness and getting my black belt in Karate. I am taking part in the club Karate competition in November which should now be my main target. 
Jonnie and I have decided to sign up for the Mad March Hare Sportive as usual and I'm sure we'll be able to drag Nigel along too!

Watch this space...

1 comment: