. .

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2016

How to Lose a Belly When You're 41 (part 9)

Monday
Disappointing results on the scales - 10st 6lbs. This means that I've gained 2lbs in the previous week. Looks like I was right about eating too much cake!
I was a little disheartened at first, but now I'm just a little more determined to work hard this week!
I did a heavy lifting session followed by a protein-rich dinner of scrambled eggs and vegetables.

Tuesday
The bike is still in repair so I'm driving to work and back (I'm not sure about risking the skinny wheeled road bike on the frosty A45.)
The karate lesson tonight was fast-paced and involved lots of variation - basic combinations, light sparring, kicking practice, and kata. Martha and I went home happy!

Wednesday
Still in the car for work.
After college, I tied on the running shoes and set off. I managed to run for 57 minutes without stopping or walking.This is the longest I've ever managed! It felt strange running in the dark at rush hour compared to my Saturday afternoon runs. It was certainly colder! My fingers were numb for the first two miles. However, by the end,I had sweat running down my back!
I ate healthily all day and didn't touch the booze.

Thursday
What a non-stop day! It was a good but very busy time at college, and when I got home I wolfed down my dinner and then ran a frantic Dungeons and Dragons session with 8 young players! By the time I'd dropped them all off home it was 10pm and simply didn't have the willpower to do my planned weight lifting session. I switched on the PS4 instead...
No junkfood or booze for four days.
Eating cake - all I'm good for.

Friday
Party! It was Mouse's 15th birthday party today. I drove home from work and the party was already in full swing - the house was full of screaming teenage girls. The adults soon arrived too and my role was to make sure everyone had a drink - including myself!
Unfortunately, I took my role far too seriously and ended up getting amazingly, karaoke-singingly smashed until the small hours of the morning. 

Saturday
No training, far too hungover. One of the worst hangovers of my life.

Sunday
No training, far too tired and with a nagging headache all day.

What a disappointing end to a promising week. With only one week to go before the Mad March Hare cycle sportive, I could have really done with some miles in the legs. Oh well, must try harder.


No comments:

Post a Comment