. .

Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2018

How to Lose a Belly When You're 44 (part 4)

Not a good week as far as a healthy lifestyle is concerned: I think I drank a beer most days and the cakes and treats came out at the weekend.
However, I still managed to motivate myself to get to training.
Martha and I went along to dojo on Tuesday for a good session.
We went along on Friday too. Sensei Russell changed his usual format due to the amount of new students who turned up that night. This session is becoming very popular and I have to be careful not to crash into someone when performing kata.
Saturday's session with Sensei Gary was lots of fun as usual. At one point, he had me trying to 'teach' Heian Godan to a roomful of beginner grades! I've found that, without a lesson plan, a Smartboard and a classroom support worker, teaching Karate is really hard! I instantly forgot the names of the techniques I was trying to demonstrate and found it impossible to keep track of what everyone was doing. At one point, the students were moving before I had given the count.
Maybe I'll get another go at it and I can try to do a better job.
Still, it was thoroughly enjoyable!
Sunday was the usual big bike ride. Nigel and Jonnie were both injured and Ed was on holiday. That left my old mate Roger on his brand new bike! Roger had ridden the 2015 Mad March Hare with us and has been an enthusiastic rider for all of his life. Today he was testing his brand new Lapierre bike on a long ride. 

Roger's new bike. I think it's French.


We cycled down past the Purity Brewery to Temple Grafton and then across to Wilmcote for homemade cake and cups of tea.
After that, we had to slog it out uphill into a headwind for the remaining 15 miles. We covered 35 miles at a relaxed pace. We stopped off for tea and coffee at Wedge's Bakery.

I don't think this week has helped me get any closer to a black belt, but at least the ankle is starting to feel better. I might even try a run next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment