. .

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 3, 2017

How to Lose a Belly When You're 43 (part 9)

I've had two weeks off.

Sometimes, a beer when I get home is too much to resist. Sometimes, the chocolate biscuit in the staff room cannot be ignored.
I make no excuses for this, it's just part of who I am. My willpower isn't strong enough and I give up too easily. I thoroughly enjoy being a hopeless glutton but, at the same time, look forward to getting back into training even while sipping an ale and eating some ice cream!
Over these two weeks I've had an ale or two every day and have allowed myself all sorts of treats including crisps, white bread and biscuits. However, I've still enjoyed exercise:

  • I continued to cycle to work.
  • I completed two weight lifting sessions.
  • I attended three Karate sessions.
  • I completed two 10K runs (64m 6s and 61m 35s)
  • Jonnie and I rode 36 miles in the rain at 13.6 mph.

Jonnie and I also jumped on a train to London to visit Carl and my brother. I made the mistake of trying to keep up with those hardened drinkers and almost gave myself alcohol poisoning in the process. I didn't feel like myself again until 4 days later...

Uncle Jonnie in London Town.

As from tomorrow morning, I'll be back in training. I have a grading to pass in a week's time and I'm determined to put on a good show.

No comments:

Post a Comment