. .

Search This Blog

Monday, August 7, 2023

Week 35 - restart required

 Monday

Our second anniversary!

Lucy gave me some lovely anniversary gifts including a new shirt and some Terry Pratchett Discworld books.

I did an hour of weight training at some point today, and then Lucy and I were quickly in party mode! We had a lovely dinner out in Moseley and also enjoyed a few drinks!

Weight training, junkfood, booze


Tuesday

It was a bit of a struggle to wake up this morning...

Today, Lucy and I met James at Wilmcote. Due to a communication misunderstanding, Paul and Debbie were still an hour and a half away! We were meant to ride with Paul today. Instead, James and I set off on a 24 mile adventure on our bicycles without him. We headed south, ended up a bit lost (which was the intention) and found lots of main roads! I was glad to get back to a top class lunch of lasagne followed by pudding!

In the evening, I went along to the big Tuesday night dojo. The higher grades and I went through Nijushiho together. It is a kata I could get to like, but at the moment it seems too long and complicated. More work needed! After this, I was put to work teaching the beginners - we had a great time hitting pads!

And after this, it all went wrong.

Too many late nights, too many parties, too much beer. It was a highly enjoyable 2 weeks, but a fortnight that ultimately killed my fitness efforts.

It's now time to restart - watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment