. .

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2016

How to Lose a Belly When You're 42 (part 4)



My mother has passed away. I found her at her home on Monday morning.
I don't think my blog is the correct forum to try describe what a wonderful woman she was or how her passing has affected me.
Let's just say I wasn't in the mood for training.


With the help of many fantastic family member and friends, I've got through this week.

I even took part in a karate lesson on Friday. Martial arts is a very welcome relief from whatever is going on in your life - you have to concentrate 100% on what you're doing or you could get get injured or others may be hurt. So an hour of sweaty concentration when I didn't think about Mom for an hour was just what I needed.



On Saturday, I ran 2.3 miles, but this just gave me too much time to think.
I did some weight training in the afternoon and after a good session I was aching, sore and somehow calmer.
Sunday, I rode through the country lanes with friends in the beautiful sunshine. Again, lots of time to think and reflect, but also a time to be reminded of  the good things that life still offers.
On Sunday afternoon, Martha took part in a very strong grading and we were all very proud of her - she now outranks me by two belts.

Next week I'll start training properly again - I need focus. I need routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment