. .

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Riding with an ex-pro!


Dan, Gary and I went riding with Nick De Pinna, an ex-pro rider from South Africa.

Firstly, Nick is a very nice friendly guy. Secondly, he is awesome on a mountain bike! He's the only rider I've ever shared a trail with that has actually jumped over obstacles whilst climbing up the slippery muddy hills of the Lickeys.

L-R Nick, Gary and Dan
I witnessed him ride a trail called 'The Root Jump' (later christened 'The Root Avoid') on only his back wheel. We took videos of him performing jumps and dropping in on a ridiculously steep descent.

And whereas I was red-faced and panting trying [and failing] to keep up with him, I don't think I ever saw him breathing heavily!

This ride was an eye-opening glimpse into just how good you have to be to be a true sponsored rider.

A fuller report on the ride:  A-PIC-A-RIDE.

No comments:

Post a Comment